The SHS Solar Controller is a low cost yet reliable solar regulator with many features and benefits.
Available in two sizes: 6A for solar panels up to 85 watts, 10A for solar panels up to 150 watts
- Low Cost - The SHS was specifically designed to meet the needs of the rural electrification market. The low cost resulted from using the latest electronic technology and high volume manufacturing.
- high Reliability - All our controllers are designed for high quality and high reliability. The SHS controller is 100% solid state, has a low failure rate and will last a long time.
- Electronic protections - The SHS has built-in electronic fuses that do not require replacement. Any wiring mistakes during installation will not damage the controller.
- Tropicalization - The SHS electronics are protected with a moisture-tight coating, minimizing damage from humidity and from nesting insects.
- Easy to use - The SHS controller is fully automatic and requires no adjustments or user selections.
Benefits of the SHS Solar Regulator
- Reduces Cost of Battery Replacements
- The low voltage disconnect will increase battery life. The loads are automatically disconnected when the battery is low and automatically reconnected after the battery is recharged.
- Complete charging will increase battery life and storage capacity.
- The controller will maximize the amount of solar energy into the battery and avoid drying out the battery.
- LEDs display status information and battery level which helps the user to better operate the solar power system.
- For 12 Volt systems
- SHS-6 85 WATTS OR 6 AMPS FOR SOLAR AND LOAD
- SHS-10 150 WATTS OR 10 AMPS FOR SOLAR AND LOAD
- Regulation Point 14.3 Volts
- Low voltage Disconnect 11.5 Volts
- Low voltage Reconnect 12.6 Volts
- Type of Charging Series PWM
- 4 Stage: Bulk, PWM, Boost and Float
- Temperature compensated charging
- Electronic Protections: Short circuit and overcurrent Protection for solar and load; Reverse polarity Protection for solar / load / battery; Reverse current Protection at night; High voltage Protection for load
- Tropicalization: Circuit Board conformal coated and Terminals corrosion protected
- LED Indications: Green for charging, Green-Yellow-Red for battery levels, Red lfor ow voltage warning and disconnect, All 3 LEDs blink to show mistakes
- Terminals For wire sizes to 4 mm2
- Dimensions 15.1 x 6.6 x 3.6 cm
- Weight 113 g
- Self-consumption 8 mA maximum
- Temperature –25°C to +50°C
- Humidity 100% non-condensing
- Enclosure IP 22
- Compliance CE, World Bank
Morningstar SHS manual (PDF File)
Morningstar SHS Solar Regulator 6 amp
- Product Code: SHS-6
- Availability: 1
- Ex Tax: $40.00