Solar Shed Lights
Solar lighting kits for sheds and shelters
We can install solar lighting in Perth metro area
Choose from our solar powered lighting kits or Let us make up a kit to suit your needs
A typical solar lighting system is shown below. Click on the illustration for more information
- A solar panel is installed on a roof - pole or ground mounted is also available.
- It is is wired to a 12 volt battery via a controller which regulates the solar charge going to the battery and may include a timer to activate the lights if required.
- The controller is therefore the heart of the system, the central component controlling battery charge and lighting power.
- Once the solar lighting system is installed it does not require any ongoing maintenance, the solar panel will keep producing electricity during the day and the controller will regulate the charging of the battery to keep it fully charged while switching the lights on at night and off at dawn.
How to estimate your solar lighting components
- Estimate how much light you need, choose an appropriate LED light, calculate the power used by the light unit in one day (night)
- Choose a battery with enough capacity to provide at least three times the daily power consumption
- Select a solar panel that will recharge the battery in in 4 to 5 hours of full sun.
- Allow for cloudy days, choose a battery with enough power for a 3 days and a solar panel that will recharge the battery in one day.
A solar panel provides power to keep the battery charged. The charge controller, also known as a solar regulator, keeps the battery properly charged and it also controls the power used (the load) by cutting off power if the battery charge runs too low. Some include lighting control that only allows the light to come on at night. A solar panel provides power to keep the battery charged. The charge controller, also known as a solar regulator, keeps the battery properly charged and it also controls the power used (the load) by cutting off power if the battery charge runs too low. Some include lighting control that only allows the light to come on at night.
Solar Power for Sheds
- 12 volt solar power for sheds will run lighting and fans and fridges that run on 12V DC.
- Inverters can convert 12VDC to 240Volts AC for running AC appliances and wall chargers.
- Low voltage solar power does not require an electrician, anyone can install our systemsx
How it all works
- Solar panel - generates DC power (volts and amps) to charge the lead acid battery.
- Battery - stores the solar power and provides a steady power supply to the load.
- Solar regulator - regulates the solar volts and amps ensure the battery is charged properly.
- Battery Fuse - safety measure to cut power if the maximum allowable current flow is exceeded.
- DC Power outlet - provides DC power for LED lights, car chargers, etc.
- Inverter - Provides 230 volts AC power to run small AC appliances.
- Wiring - Low voltage DC wiring.
Contact Us for more information on how to select and size components
SOLAR LIGHTS and POWER for SHEDS
When using solar power for essential lighting and offgrid power it needs to work properly with mimimal maintenance. A durable solar lighting system requires the right hardware for the job. Our components are tailored to your needs using industrial grade components.
|Waterproof LED Light||Sealed AGM Battery||Solar Panel module||Solar Regulation Controller||PIR Motion Detector|