This solar powered light can be installed in a shed or for outdoors lighting for a gazebo or barbecue area to provide lighting without having to connect to mains power. It is operated by 12 volt DC electricity so it is safe to install and operate.
The LED light will run for 9 hours on a fully charged battery. In everyday use it will provide lighting for 3 hours and still have reserve power for another 2 days, which may be required on overcast days when the sun does not provide enough solar power.
East to assemble using the Quick connect cables
Solarbarn solar light kits can be can be installed in a couple of hours by anyone with basic handyman skills in 6 easy steps:
- install the solar panel using the mounting brackets
- Install the dome light where needed
- Install the battery and solar regulator
- Connect the battery to the solar regulator
- Connect the solar panel to the solar regulator
- Connect the battery to the light
Cables are cut to length and fitted with quick connectors for easy assembly. You can specify how long the cable lengths between components must be in the comments text box when placing you order. If you do not then the following distances will be chosen:
- 5 meter cable connecting the solar panel to the solar regulator
- 5 meter cable for the lights made up as follows:
Battery to the light switch - 1.5 m
Light switch to the light - 3.5m
The solar panel is installed on the roof using the mounting brackets. The battery and solar regulator are placed indoors (or outdoors if you include the weatherproof enclosure). The battery is a sealed type and can be placed in any position. It is connected to the solar regulator which is then connected to the solar panel.
The light is also connected to the battery.
The solar lighting system is now ready for use.
Package contents (Click on the links to see details)
- 10 watt solar panel with 5m cable attached
- solar panel mounting brackets
- Solar regulator
- 4 watt led dome light
- 7.2 Amp-hour 12volt battery
- Electrical cable fitted with connectors
- Light switch
Battery and solar regulator are housed in this sealed enclosure. It has a sealed hinged lid and two holes drilled in the side and fitted with cable glands for the light and solar panel cables to pass through.
Use the comments text box if you want modifications to the standard kit, we try to provide exactly what you require.
Single solar light kit
- Product Code: 10W-7A-1L-SW
- Availability: 12
- Ex Tax: $236.36