DIY Solar light Kit
This Do-it-yourself solar light kit has all the parts required to build you own solar lighting system. Installation instructions are included.
The light can be used for 3 hours on a daily basis while the solar panel will recharge the battery in one sunny day. Reserve battery power is available for cloudy days when the solar panel can't produce much power.
The battery, when fully charged, can power the light for up to 9 hours, but the 10 watt solar panel will then require up to two days to fully recharge the battery.
Package contents (Click on the links to see details)
- 10 watt solar panel
- Solar panel mounting brackets
- Solar regulator
- 4 watt led dome light - optional extra lights
- 7.2 Amp-hour battery - optional larger battery
- 6 meters of electrical cable
- Light switch
Options and upgrades available
- Larger 20 watt solar panel
- Larger 12 Ah battery
- Extra dome lights
- Longer electrical cables
- Upgrade to quick-connect cables
- Optional battery & solar regulator weatherproof enclosure
- Add a motion sensor
- Add a programmable timer
How it all works
The solar panel is mounted outdoors using the mounting brackets.
The battery and solar regulator are placed indoors or in the optional weatherproof enclosure.
The solar panel is wired up to the solar regulator
The solar regulator is wired to the battery.
The light is wired to the battery.
The light switch is inserted into the lighting cable.
Quick connect cables are the following lengths
- 3 metres from the solar panel to the solar regulator.
- 3 metres from the battery to the light with the light switch located 50 cm from the battery.
- The motion sensor ( if included ) is fitted 2 metres from the battery.
- If you opted for longer cables then use the options comments text area to nominate lengths of the following cables :
- Solar panel to battery
- Battery to light switch
- Battery to motion sensor ( if required )
- Battery to light and distance between the lights if you included extra lights
Available Option: Battery enclosure
Battery and solar regulator can be housed outdoors in this sealed enclosure.
If you also choose Quick connect cables then we will fit 2 cable glands to the rear side of the enclosure for the light and solar panel cables and also fit the light switch on the lid of the enclosure, or, let us know if you want some other option. We will provide a solar lighting system to suit your needs
Available Option: Motion sensor
This 12v PIR motion sensor will switch on the light when motion is detected. If no further movement is detected it will switch off after a set time but further movement will continually reset the on-time.
It has adjustable sensitivity to ambient light, distance of motion and on time. The sensor can control outputs up to 8 amps enabling several LED lights to be controlled by one sensor.
Available Option: Programmable timer
This timer switch will switch power on and off at programmed daily or weekly times. it allows up to 8 on/off periods with15 combinations of programs.
DIY Solar Light kit
- Product Code: DIY-SL10-7-1
- Availability: 12
- Ex Tax: $135.45